The Secretariat of Administration and Party Affairs organizes and maintains disciplined adherence, by all members and structures, to democratic centralism, the organizational principle that guides and directs the A-APRP (GC). It is the organizational glue that organically links and binds all structures and members. “The Administration [Secretariat] has a very important role to play, because it has to transform into realities al kinds of decisions concerning the organization of [Party] life. In order to be effective an administration must fulfill certain basic conditions:
- It must protect the people’s liberties and rights, safeguard and develop the collective heritage of society, [i.e., Party].
- It must be accessible to those under its administration and democratic in its aims.
- It must adapt its methods to the people’s needs and to the nation’s, [i.e., Party’s] security and development requirements.
- It must be administered by people who are responsible, competent, loyal and farsighted.
- Its agents and workers must be well-mannered, honest, conscientious, disciplined and hardworking.” [See: Ahmed Sekou Toure. Africa On The Move: Towards A Democratic And Efficient Administration: How the Public Services Function. P. 334—335.]
Democratic centralism requires the Party to politically educate Party membership on the issues on which they are asked to make decisions and vote within the appropriate structures. Once decisions have been made democratic centralism mandates revolutionary discipline and implementation of the decisions. Kwame Nkrumah explains this principle in stating, “In our party all are equal regardless of their race or tribe. All are free to express their views. But once a majority decision is taken, we expect such a decision to be loyally executed, even by those who might have opposed that decision. This we consider and proclaim to be the truest form of Democratic Centralism—decisions freely arrived at and loyally executed.” [Kwame Nkrumah. Axioms of Kwame Nkrumah. pp. 42.]
“When there is an efficient administration there is no need to make propaganda for the Party and its programme. The administration becomes an instrument of the Party by giving concrete proof of the soundness of Party ideals and principles. . . . [however] [d]emocratic centralism contains a dialectic contradiction which, if not understood, leads to dictatorship when the rules for its normal working are flouted by those at the top, and to anarchy, to lack of cohesion and to wastage of effort when those at the bottom break the rules. [See: Ahmed Sekou Toure. Africa On The Move: Towards A Democratic And Efficient Administration and How the Public Services Function. pp. 332—334.]
The Secretariat of Administration and Party Affairs is responsible to assure the systematic democratic development, implementation, coordination, and documentation of Party plans and work by all structures and members. Through its administration of the Party, it inter-connects all members with the other structures through the Party’s administrative processes and procedures. It takes the lead in assuring that Party plans are democratically developed, approved and implemented by all structures and that budgets are also approved and followed in the course of implementation. It acts as the core of A-APRP (GC) internal communication and apparatus for political control.
The Secretariat of Administration and Party Affairs is empowered to assure that all structures are in systematic communication based on the organization of Party work, through reports and the production and distribution of meeting minutes of the policy-making bodies, secretariats, pre-cadre and cadre circles, mass organizations, branches, and chapter structures and are functioning in harmony with the overall policies and budgets of the Party as established by the Political Bureau, Branch, Chapters, and the Party Congress. It is directed to collect and manage the funds and other resources of the Party.
The Secretariat of Administration and Party Affairs of the A-APRP (GC):
- Organizes and facilitates a Pan-African administrative system that develops, records, and distributes information on a periodic basis and defends the established Party process to further enhance and consolidate the efficiency of the approved organizational policies and procedures.
- Supports Recruitment Drives and other methods of recruitment of new members. It is responsible to assure the reproduction of multi-form propaganda, follow-up, orientation, retention and the transformation of members into disciplined Nkrumahist-Toureists who articulate and demonstrate commitment to Nkrumahism-Toureism and the African Revolution. It promotes and defends Nkrumahism-Toureism‘s organizational principle democratic centralism as it relates to political education and organizational discipline.
- Prioritizes and conducts research on subjects of an ideological, administrative and organizational nature. It develops internal and external political education and organizational materials (written audio, printed, interactive, and visual) to cultivate Nkrumahist-Toureist organizational thinking, practice, and social relationships among all A-APRP (GC) membership. It systematizes administrative processes and procedures to assure the democratic and disciplined functioning of our Party.
- Develops working relationships with the administrative structures, of our approved revolutionary Pan-African and International allies, so as to utilize the best available revolutionary experiences and organizational methods for ideological/organizational development and training of our membership, which are derived from the universal struggle for the efficient administration of revolutionary organization.
- Hosts, and organizes organizational colloquiums, conferences and seminars to advance the quality and efficiency of our organizational processes and procedures and for ideological and organizational development and institutionalization to assure party-wide systematic political education and work therefore strengthening political and organizational unity in our relationships among Cadre, Pre-Cadre, and Supporters, meets periodically to plan, assess, and rectify the work of the secretariat in the course of it implementation of Party plans.
- Is a central link between the Women’s, Youth and other mass organizations assuring the complete integration of women, youth and students, into the ideological and organizational work of the Party.
Recordkeeping and Historical Documentation Unit
The Recordkeeping and Historical Documentation Unit of the Secretariat of Administration and Party Affairs of the A-APRP (GC) organizes and facilitates an administrative system that develops, records, and distributes information and directives on a periodic basis. It is the systematic collection, processing and distribution of Party reports, memoranda, and data that educates Party membership on the progress and contradictions internal to the Party that is intended to foster disciplined adherence to Party policy and enhance and consolidate the efficient implementation of its organizational procedures.
Administration Education & Information Unit
The Administration Education & Information Unit of the Secretariat of Administration and Party Affairs of the A-APRP (GC) hosts, and organizes organizational colloquiums, conferences, seminars and African Liberation Day (ALD) to advance the quality and efficiency of our organizational processes and procedures and for ideological and organizational development and institutionalization to assure party-wide systematic political education and work therefore strengthening political and organizational unity in our relationships among Cadre, Pre-Cadre, and Supporters.
Communications and Resources Unit
Communications is a central link between the Women’s, Youth and other mass organizations assuring the complete integration of women, youth and students, into the ideological and organizational work of the Party. The Communications and Resources Unit of the Secretariat of Administration and Party Affairs of the A-APRP (GC) assures that all structures have the resources available based on the priorities of the Party based on the democratically developed and approved plans of the Party.
The Finances Taskforce of the Secretariat of Administration and Party Affairs of the A-APRP (GC) maintains a financial system to collect record and disperse finances based on the democratically approved plans of the Party. It reports directly to the Communications and Resources Unit.
The Security Unit of the Secretariat of Administration and Party Affairs of the A-APRP (GC) is mandated to diligently identify counter-revolutionary elements and behaviors that work to create confusion, disharmony, disloyalty, and other forms negative action intended to sabotage the building of the Party. This responsibility is critical to the overall functioning of the Party and requires systematic documentation of the participation of all Party members at all levels; their adherence to Party policies and procedures, and commitment, demonstrated in practice, to the principles of Nkrumahism-Toureism.
The A-APRP (GC) refers to the thoughts of Kwame Nkrumah on this question as he states, “It is not necessary for me to dwell at length on the importance of honesty and service. The abuse of power through dishonesty is an abomination. The misuse of office for selfish ends is a crime against the Party and the State, and therefore a greater abomination. The [All-African People’s Revolutionary Party (GC) ] is the servant of people, and therefore the men [and women] whom it puts into office and power must use opportunity to serve the people, remembering at all times that selfless and loyal service is a reward in itself.
I do not know of any greater satisfaction than honest and efficient service rendered to the people in the best interest of all people. I should think that is enough reward for the gratification of our inner self, but when we forget ourselves and think of office, wealth and power as personal instruments meant to be used for the glorification of self and for the attainment of our individual purposes, then we falter in our charge and fail the Party and the people.” [See: Samuel Obeng, Editor. Kwame Nkrumah. Selected Speeches of Kwame Nkrumah Vol. 3: Guide To Party Action-Seminar at the Kwame Nkrumah Institute of Ideological Studies, pp. 18.]
The Nkrumahist-Toureist Institute
The Nkrumahist-Tureist Institute is the All-African People’s Revolutionary Party’s internal party school . The Secretariat of Administration and Party Affair’s role in The Nkrumahist-Toureist Institute is ideologically entrench democratic centralism into the conscience of the A-APRP (GC) and therefore cultivate a culture ideological unity and organizational discipline. It will maintain security and provide oversight of the web portal and provide technical assistance to the other structures. It will empower administration Pre-Cadre and Cadre with assist implementing and improving the administration of the Cadre and Pre-cadre circle process. It will assist with the ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the political education process, which is designed to enhance and consolidate ideological training and development, for Cadre, Pre-Cadre and Supporters. It is mandated to assure that all circles and structures are in compliance with administrative processes and procedures, as defined and approved by the A-APRP (GC). It monitors, evaluates, and reports, to the Administration Secretariat on the quantitative and qualitative impact of the collection and reporting of political education data on the A-APRP (GC) membership. It has permanent representation in the Nkrumahist-Toureist Institute and Party School.
E-Mail: email@example.com – Voice Mail: (202 719-0529)