We, the more than three hundred delegates from 35 countries in Latin America, the Caribbean, USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East have gathered in Caracas, Venezuela, 24 to 27 of July, in the VII Continental Meeting of Solidarity with Cuba.
Inspired by the example and legacy of Simon Bolivar, Jose Marti, Fidel Castro, the eternal Commander Hugo Chavez, Raul Castro and Nicolas Maduro, and under the 230 anniversary of the birth of the Liberator, the 160th anniversary of the birth of José Martí, the 60th anniversary of the attacks on the Moncada and Carlos Manuel de Céspedes, in the 55 year of the triumph of the Cuban Revolution and the 59th birthday of Commander Hugo Rafael Chavez Frias.
After six decades of heroics struggle waged by the Cuban people against imperialism and its criminal consequences, which enabled it to conquer for its people, a life of dignity and to deploy as humanistic solidarity for the people of the world, which is on record in the history of mankind, its worthy example has become fertile seed that begins to reap rewards, with the triumphs achieved by the struggles waged by other countries of the Americas, such as the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Bolivia, Ecuador, Nicaragua and others who lead real integration and unity of our peoples, to their self-development, dignified and sovereign.
- Our firm will and commitment to the defense of the Cuban Revolution, independence, sovereignty, self-determination, dignity and all its accomplishments, which are an example for the peoples of Latin America, the Caribbean and the world.
- To support the heroic process of the Venezuelan people and the Bolivarian Revolution, democratically endorsed in the recent elections, value your prominent and leading role in promoting unity and true integration of our peoples and governments through mechanisms such as ALBA, CELAC, UNASUR and Petrocaribe, among others.
- We reject the genocidal, inhuman and anachronistic blockade on Cuba by U.S. imperialism and denounce the policy of permanent aggression developed by the different administrations in power.
- We condemn the interventionist policy of the United States towards the fraternal Cuban people, to encourage internal political subversion by financing the counterrevolution and mercenaries who betrayed their country, have been given to actions that threaten the people and their dignified Revolution.
- We demand the immediate and unconditional release of the Cuban heroes who remain unjustly imprisoned in the United States and which are constantly violated their rights. Similarly, we demanded that the U.S. government extradite the terrorist Luis Posada Carriles to face 73 murder charges related to the bombing of a Cubana Airliner. We also demand the extradition of fugitives from justice other Venezuelan who enjoy the protection of the United States in Florida, whose extradition requests remain pending before the State Department. Protecting terrorists and criminals, is to be complicit in their crimes.
- We welcome the return of companiro René Gonzalez Schewerert to his homeland and with his family, having fully met the unjust and cruel sentence passed in a rigged trial, we recognize the role and constant efforts of the international mobilization to complaint against this injustice still pursues his four brothers Gerardo Hernandez, Ramon Labañino, Fernando Gonzalez and Antonio Guerrero Rodríguez.
- We exalt the economic and social achievements made by the Cuban Revolution, despite the criminal blockade, which are recognized by various UN agencies such as FAO, UNICEF, UNDP and UNESCO, which belies the smear campaigns and seeking to hide as prevaricators.
- Condemn the aggressive and interventionist policy of the United States and its allies, in different regions of the world, the installation of a global system of military bases, some call secret water lilies, and activation of the 4th Fleet in the region of Latin American, who defile and undermine the sovereignty of peoples and undermine peace and peaceful coexistence. Similarly we demand the return of the territory occupied by the U.S. in Guantanamo against the will of the Cuban people.
- Welcome the worthy president of Cuba makes CELAC, which constitutes a major construction and consultation space for the unification and integration of our peoples. Consequently congratulate the first conference of social movements in the countries that are part of this organization.
- Flatly reject the aggression carried out by the United States and the servile attitude of the governments of Italy, France, Spain and Portugal, against the constitutional President of the Republic of Bolivia, Evo Morales, which constitutes an affront to Peoples of Our America and a return to colonial status that is still in force in different world regions.
- We condemn the neo-colonial occupation of the territories of the Americas, in all its manifestations, which are victims Puerto Rico, Las Malvinas, and other peoples of the Caribbean, and we support their struggle for independence.
- We support the struggles of indigenous and non-indigenous peoples, against toxic mega-mineral opencast capitalist corporations that mean the death of human beings and the destruction of the environment and diversity.
- We support the ongoing efforts to achieve peace in Colombia.
- We reiterate our solidarity with the Haitian people and express our support for their demand for withdrawal of foreign troops from its territory.
- We call to strengthen continental solidarity movement with the Bolivarian Revolution, the peoples of the ALBA and others fighting for their liberation, to safeguard the unity and integration process of Latin American and Caribbean.
- We subscribe to the agreements and the final declaration of the social movements of the CELAC.
- We welcome and appreciate the presence of the families of the five in this great Continental Solidarity Meeting.
- We thank the Government and people of Venezuela, the Mutual Solidarity Movement Venezuela-Cuba and the Bolivarian Youth, for the extraordinary welcome given to us, which made possible the realization of this successful meeting.
Given in the city of Caracas, Venezuela on the 27th day of July 2013.