The Africa which exists today, on the Continent of Africa and in the African Diaspora, as well as the one we are struggling to build is not the old Africa, but a new emergent Revolutionary society; a socialist society in which a new harmony, a new cohesiveness, a new Revolutionary African Personality, a new humanity, and a new dignity is forged out of the traditional African way of life which has been permanently changed by thousands of years of Euro-Christian and Islamic intrusions and by the historical development of the competing and conflicting slave, feudal, capitalistic and newly emergent socialist modes of production.
Kwame Nkrumah underlines its importance, “the ideology of a society is total. It embraces the whole life of a people, and manifests itself in their class, [national and gender] structure, history, literature, art, and religion.” (Kwame Nkrumah, Consciencism, page 59). A Revolutionary and Pan-African socialist ideology is therefore required. It must root itself in the history and culture of Africa. For us, that ideology is Nkrumahism-Toureism, we believe, the correct ideology for the African Revolution. We cannot overstate the importance of Revolutionary ideology.
Nkrumahism-Toureism takes its name from the consistent, revolutionary, scientific socialist and Pan-African principles, practices and policies followed, implemented and taught by Kwame Nkrumah, Ahmed Sekou Toure and Kwame Ture; three of the foremost exponents and practitioners of the scientific strategy to liberate and unify Africa, and all African People in every corner of the World, under scientific socialism. These principles, practices and policies are recorded in their speeches, writings, actions, contributions, achievements and lives. They must be read, studied, analyzed, and implemented.
In a larger and more complete sense, Nkrumahism-Toureism is a product of Africa’s history and culture, the result of the accumulated practical and theoretical contributions and achievements of centuries and generations of mass, revolutionary Pan-African and larger socialist struggles. Nkrumahism-Toureism is a way of life! It directs it adherents to place the need of the People over money and material wealth and establishes revolutionary ethics and morality for how we engage each other and fight the enemy in the African Revolution. It highlights and underscores the need for the absolute emancipation of African women as African women have suffered triple oppression, politically, economically, and by men imbued by and with the sexist ideology of capitalism.
Nkrumahism-Toureism is grounded in the science of Revolutionary mass struggle, as it is applied to Africa, to the almost 1 billion people of African descent who are scattered, suffering and struggling in every corner of the World. It philosophically and ideologically defines, incorporates, and synthesizes three distinct historical experiences that have impacted and define Africa and Her Children worldwide: Traditional Africa, Euro-Christian Africa and Islamic Africa. Nkrumahism-Toureism’s concrete living example is to be found in the creative struggle, contributions and achievements of African Revolutionaries to the African and International Revolutions.
Nkrumahism-Toureism provides the Masses of African People with a set of uncompromising principles, a scientific, revolutionary, and Pan-African method of viewing Africa and the World; and a scientific methodology and set of analytical tools, which enable African People to correctly interpret, understand, redeem and reconstruct Africa, and make their revolutionary contribution to the redemption and reconstruction of the Oppressed World.
Nkrumahism-Toureism provides a complete social, cultural, political, philosophical and economic theory that constitute a comprehensive network of Pan-Africanist scientific socialist principles, beliefs, values, ethics, morals and rules, which guide our behavior, determine the form which our institutions and organizations, laws and rules will take; and acts as a cohesive force to bind us together, inspire us, guide and channel our revolutionary mass political action towards the achievement of Pan-Africanism and the inevitable triumph of scientific socialism.
Nkrumahism-Toureism includes, yet is not limited to the following undeniable axioms:
- Africa is the only true and just homeland for Africans and persons of African descent no matter where in the World they may live.
- Africa, and her People, from Cairo to Cape Town, and those in the African Diaspora, are One Nation, One diverse Culture, and One People.
- Africa remains the primary focus of the political, economic and cultural struggle for all Africans, at Home and abroad, in the struggle for Revolutionary Pan-Africanism, which includes scientific socialism.
- Revolutionary politics must be addressed before we can solve the problems of economics and social services and Revolution is the only permanent solution to the problems of African People’s everyday lives, where reform is at best temporary, and incomplete.
- Guinea, Conakry is a primary organizational, strategic, and ideological base for the Pan-African Movement. The A-APRP(GC) / PRPAG struggles to liberate Guinea, Conakry from neo-colonialism and neo-liberalism, rehabilitate it, restore it to its rightful place in the African and World Revolution, and reclaim its lost glory. We also, and simultaneously, support and defend other revolutionary bases in Africa and the World! We will work, study, struggle, and sacrifice in every zone, country, city, village, community, home, campus, church/mosque/synagogue, military barracks or prison, wherever one African can be found in the World.
- There is integrity and dignity in the Revolutionary African Personality and Culture. “The African Revolution is an Act of African Culture!”
- Humanism – to treat each woman and man as an end in herself and himself and not merely as a means to someone else’s end. (Kwame Nkrumah, Consciencism, page 95).
- Egalitarianism – It is the basic unity of matter, despite its varying manifestations, which give rise to egalitarianism . . . [M]an [and woman] is one, for all men [and women] have the same basis and arise from the same evolution according to materialism. This is the objective ground of egalitarianism. (Consciencism, page 96). [M]aterialism favours egalitarianism. (Consciencism, page 75).
- Collectivism – By reason of its egalitarian tenet, Philosophical Consciencism, seeks to promote individual development, but in such a way that the conditions for the development of all become the conditions for the development of each; that is, in such a way that the individual development does not introduce such diversities as to destroy the egalitarian basis. (Consciencism, page 98).
- Dialectical Materialism, Historical Materialism, and Philosophical Materialism are all ideological weapons to be used in the African Revolution and must be congruent and in their presence with Philosophical Consciencism.
- A theory of Revolution that includes two fundamental zones of contestation in the World, enemy-held and liberated. Enemy-held zones are dominated by capitalism, imperialism, racism, zionism, neo-colonialism, neo-liberalism and settler-colonialism. Liberated zones are zones where the Masses are politically conscious and organized, and are emancipated and consolidated through scientific socialism.
- There remains an undeniable historical, socio-political, economic and cultural role of religion in the service of the African Revolution.
- The necessity for permanent, mass revolutionary Pan-Africanist socialist, ideological training, political education, organization and action.
- The African Masses are the makers of history and both the object and subject of the revolutionary process. The African Masses birth, nurture, train and defend revolutionary persons who play a particular role at each stage of the revolutionary process; and the African Masses bury them, honor them, and continue their legacy, their work, study and struggle, when that time comes. This is an eternal and generational process.
- African women are full and equal partners in the struggle to build revolutionary Pan-Africanism, which includes scientific socialism. We acknowledge the historical oppression and arrested development of African women who have suffered immeasurably in Africa’s history inside and outside of the movement for Pan-Africanism.
- Scientific socialism is the only just political, economic, and democratic social system for a liberated and unified Africa, and for the World.
- African youth, especially African students, are the mainstay of the African Revolution as they bring energy, enthusiasm, and an unquenchable thirst for a future that provides them an opportunity to realize their dreams and aspirations. They know that capitalism, racism, zionism, settler-colonialism, and neo-colonialism will never offer them anything except crumbs, if that.
- No compromise or surrender with any form of corruption, political or gender oppression and economic exploitation in Africa and the World.
Principled and uncompromising solidarity with and support for all Revolutionary movements, parties, and governments, and all of Oppressed Humanity in every corner of the World.
Join the All-African People’s Revolutionary Party(GC)
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Voice Mail: (202) 246-4896