August 17, 2006
To: All Current and Former Members and Supporters of the A-APRP.
We hope this email finds each and all of you and your families in the very best of health and Revolutionary spirits!
As you know, Kwame Ture never tired of demanding that if you can not join and help build the A-APRP, you should find and join any organization that is working for the People; and if you can not find an existing organization that you want to join and help build, create one.
This axiom was not new to Kwame or to those of us who had worked with other organizations before the A-APRP. In fact, it is this axiom which propelled him and us, forward, despite numerous disappointments and setbacks, organizational and personal, from SNCC to the MFDP, LCFO, BPP, A-APRP and PDG; and in a larger and much more Pan-African and Internationalist sense, from the host of other organizations that we were members and supporters of in the past, to the host of organizations that we are members and supporters of today.
Consistent with this uncompromising principle, and after much and long, principled, non-personal and non-sentimental discussion and deliberation, we, the undersigned, take this occasion, the birth date of the Honorable Marcus Garvey, to publicly announce to all current and former members and supporters of the A-APRP, in all of its multiple and varied manifestations and forms, that:
As of August 9, 2006, we are conscious members of the A-APRP(GC), which is known as the Parti de la Revolution Populaire Africain de Guinee (PRPAG) in Guinea, accepting all responsibilities as Revolutionary Militants and acknowledging with the fulfillment of our Revolutionary duties, that we are entitled to and will be accorded the same rights as all members.
- We reaffirm our uncompromising belief that Africa remains primary, for all Africans, those in Africa, and those abroad, in the struggle for Revolutionary Pan-Africanism, which includes scientific socialism, and that we have and will always place politics over and before economics, and social services, Revolution over reform.
- We reaffirm our uncompromising belief, as Nkrumahists-Toureists, that Guinea (Conakry) remains our organizational and ideological base, and that we will continue to work, study and struggle in every zone, every country, every city, every community and every campus wherever one African can be found in the world.
- We reaffirm, as Nkrumahists-Toureists, our principled and uncompromising solidarity with and support for all Revolutionary movements, parties and governments, and all of Oppressed Humanity in every corner of the world.
- We understand that the PRPAG / A-APRP(GC) is the inheritor and continuator of the Revolutionary work and struggle of the PDG (RDA) under President Ahmed Sekou Toure’s and President Kwame Nkrumah’s time.
- We understand that the A-APRP(GC) / PRPAG is the inheritor and continuator of the Revolutionary work and struggle of the A-APRP under Kwame Nkrumah’s and Kwame Ture’s time.
- We accept, as responsible Militants, the Revolutionary work and struggle, as defined by and under the Revolutionary guidance and leadership of the A-APRP(GC) / PRPAG.
- We launch, publicly, militantly and uncompromisingly, with and through this email, a massive and militant drive to recruit members, supporters and allies to the A-APRP(GC) / PRPPAG in Africa and every corner of the African Diaspora, and the world.
- We send our dues and contributions directly to the PRPAG / A-APRP (GC) in Guinea-Conakry, and ask all members, supporters and allies whom we recruit to send their dues and contributions, material and immaterial, directly to the PRPAG / A-APRP(GC) in Guinea-Conakry, as well.
- Our primary work was and remains political education and recruitment. Please visit our new web portal. http: //www.a-aprp-gc.org
By and through this positive and Revolutionary decision and act, we honor Kwame Nkrumah and Ahmed Sekou Toure, Kwame Ture, Ken Tyler, Mawina Kouyatte, untold ancestors, and ourselves, as we continue to intensify their and our Revolutionary work, study and struggle. By and through this positive and Revolutionary decision and act, we admit to ourselves, the People and the world, that despite their and our contributions, sacrifices and achievements, despite their and our victories and setbacks, personal and organizational, the A-APRP was not completely built in Kwame Nkrumah’s or Kwame Ture’s time. By and through this positive and Revolutionary decision and act, we also reaffirm our confidence in the People that their Revolutionary Cadre, the almighty People and their Revolutionary Militants, will in the final analysis, build the A-APRP(GC) / PRPAG, or some other Revolutionary, mass, all-African political party that is truly working in the interest and on behalf of the more than 1 billion African People who are scattered, suffering and struggling in every corner of Africa and the African Diaspora, even if not in our lifetime.
We know and can prove, beyond any shadow of a doubt, even if the masses of our People and other progressive and Revolutionary movements and parties do not know the truth, that history, as made thus far, records that we have made our contributions, quantitatively and qualitatively, towards the 40-year struggle to build the A-APRP. And we know and declare to you, African People, and the world, that history will etch on our tombstones that we made even greater contributions, quantitatively and qualitatively, to the struggle to build the A-APRP(GC) / PRPAG from this day forward!
For us, a much needed and long struggled for dialectical leap and categorical conversion to a higher, more ramified and rarefied quality of consciousness and organization has been made. Matter, organizationally and personally, is indeed a plenum of forces in tension; and it is out of this tension, out of this Positive Action, that a new cadre, a new woman, man, and youth, a new PRPAG / A-APRP(GC), a new Guinea, a new Africa, and a new world is struggling to be born!
We firmly and principally believe, to paraphrase Ahmed Sekou Toure, that those forces, organizational and personal, who are preoccupied with the past, with the old, instead of the future, and of the new, who are preoccupied with structure and procedure, with titles and rewards, with form over essence, are dead already, ideologically and organizationally, even if not physically!
Nkrumah is correct, “thought without action is empty, and action without thought is blind.” Permit us to suggest, that plans and programs, without Revolutionary Cadre who are committed to work, study and struggle, sacrifice and suffer to implement them, are equally as empty, and structures and titles without Revolutionary Cadre who trust and respect them is equally as blind!
Again, we wish all current and former members and supporters of the A-APRP the best of health and Revolutionary spirits, and pray that you will implement Kwame’s demand, as paraphrased above, in any and all ways that you can!
We, the undersigned, stand ready to help build the A-APRP(GC) / PRPAG!
Forward ever, Backward never!
Bob Brown had joined the Parti de la Revolution Populaire Africain de Guinee (PRPAG) several months earlier.
E-Mail: email@example.com – Voice Mail: (202) 246-4896